Wednesday 10 December 2008

No pussy blues


The best party ever in Slovenia was when Adam Freeland played at Cvetlicarna.
I'd rather not mention all the things that happened that night, as it is not for everybody's ears. It was decadence in its dirtiest form...

Anyway, I met mr. Freeland outside, right after the party, the sun was rising. Must say that he's extremely charming, cute and a very funny little bugger. Real rock star material.
We hooked up and ended up in his hotel room. I know what you're thinking now, but you're wrong.
I wasn't alone there. (fortunately or...?) There was a whole bunch of us, discussing quantum theory in its relation to current breakbeat through the mist of .... Anyway, I remember Meat Katie, another DJ, said to me and my friend Nina: God, you girls are so thin in this country! (lets not forget that he comes from the land of Wales)
My plan was to drag Adam to the afterparty, and his plan was to persuade me to stay. With him alone. I was quite flattered, and I admit, I was attracted to him, but...I was never really a DJ groupie. ;)
So I left, with a gentle kiss...

But ever since that party, I became a devoted fan of his, and he's the most played artist in my house. I even manage to infect all my friends with his music. Last summer the anticipation built as we planned a European road trip based on his tour schedule ( Spain, Switzerland, Austria, Croatia- not a cheap venture sweeties, but love knows no bank balance).
Due to money fuck-ups on the croatian organizers part and unknown reasons elsewhere, many of his appearances were cancelled. In regard to the croatian situation he actually arrived at the festival and was continually fucked over in relation to the payment contract. For the sake of his own integrity he chose not to leave his hotel room. He was not the only artist in this situation. If you can't afford it sweetie, don't lay-by it.

4 comments:

  1. What chance do those of us who aren’t talented stand against those who are?
    Is it ever possible ordinary people to beat the gifted?
    In my experience, yes.
    Talented people tend to be complacent, and consequently lazy.
    All you have to actually do is work harder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mushi, noo. kaj hoces povedati s tem?
    that i'm lazy?;)
    i must work harder?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You said so!!! Why always look outside yourself for strength and confidence, when it comes from within. It is there all the time. I only meant to say that i do have chance in cotrast to.....

    ReplyDelete